Monday, June 15, 2009

Exploding Potatoes

I had a guy friend years ago that said he bought a bag of potatoes and went home and decided to be "domestic" and baked the whole bag of potatoes. Well he didn't know you had to poke them before putting them in the oven to bake. He said they all exploded in the oven. He then went back to the store and demanded his money back, cause they were "defective" of coarse. He actually got his money back! Anyway, I have heard of potatoes exploding in the oven, but never seen one explode, that is until today! I had all three kids climbing on me when preparing the potatoes for the oven and missed one. My whole house smells like burned potatoes! I guess it's time to clean the oven!

2 comments:

Steph said...

eeeeeeeew! I kinda like it when the apple pie boils over and the whole house smells like cinnamon for 2 days... but burnt potatoes?!
That's hilarious that your friend got his money back. But then, potatoes aren't that expensive. The store probably thought it was easier just to shut him up than to argue cooking methods with him. LOL

~April~ said...

Ha ha! Yikes!!