Friday, February 11, 2011

Lesson Learned....

So the other night I was sitting in the living room reading. I noticed Emma over by the baby swing playing with something. All of a sudden there was a big flash and a buzzing sound. Emma jumped back really fast. Kendall came running into the room cause he saw the flash from the kitchen. She was playing with a metal watch and it got wrapped around the cord that was plugged in. She started to unplug the cord to get the watch off and it made contact with the power. She started screaming and I noticed her fingers were black at the tips. I took her into the bathroom to run cold water over her hands thinking she had been shocked and was burned. The black marks washed off and she said she wasn't hurt, just scared. Amazingly she didn't get shocked. But she wouldn't go near any outlets for a while.

Kendall had a nice long talk with her and made her help him fix the outlet. The screw was melted into the plastic. Kendall had her cut the wires and overcome her fear. She is one lucky girl and won't be playing around the outlets anytime soon. We gave her a new nickname, Sparky.

No comments: