Sunday, December 11, 2011

Our Thankful Tree

We started a new family tradition this year. About the middle of October I had my brother draw a large tree and we painted and taped it up on the wall in our living room. Then every night until Thanksgiving each person would write something they were thankful for on a leaf and put it up on the tree.

We had a wonderful time each night thinking of things we were thankful for. Our tree was beautiful and I wish we could keep it up all year round! On Thanksgiving day we took all the leaves off the tree and read them. We will definitely be doing this again next year!

We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving with my mother and brother Joshua over for dinner. We had very good food and lots of yummy pie! I gave Kendall a piece of pie and he was busy talking when he noticed Jacob leaning in and snitching his pie.

2 comments:

Valerie H. said...

You have a smart boy there. He seizes the opportunity when he sees it.

Lara said...

I love the gratitude tree tradition! What a fun (and beautiful) way to focus on the season! :)