Friday, August 16, 2013

Blog's name change

I
 Look closely, can you see IT? (By "it" I mean the big ugly grasshopper.) We have been thinking that the blog needed a name change and Kendall came up with Grasshopper Ranch. It seems to fit on lots of different levels.
Noah caught IT today at the garden and it's the biggest one caught this season. So far the kids have caught over 70 of them and they are all in a bag in the freezer (with their heads pulled off, cause you don't eat the heads, of course). Noah says they are saving them for the winter when there are no grasshoppers to be found. (If you think I'm teasing you about this, sadly I'm not.) We can blame this whole thing on Survivor Man. Noah saw this guy eat a grasshopper in one of his shows and decided he was going to try it. He was hooked from the first grasshopper, says they taste like french fries. If I ever meet that survivor man I'm going to give him an earful! Every summer for the last 5 years Noah looks forward to summer time. For that is grasshopper season. I think every kid in the neighborhood has tried one, even the Elders living next door have come over to try one of his fried grasshoppers. I have to say I have NEVER eaten one, and NEVER will! Also I have to have to say I do not encourage this in any way. I wonder if they will out grow the grasshopper hunting. I guess they won't ever start to death.

1 comment:

Aby Runyan said...

So funny! Love the new blog name, it's really cute. I read a while back insects are the solution to world hunger because of the quantities of them and how quickly they reproduce. We all may be following Noah's example soon.

luvs, aby