Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Garden

 Every year we have a garden, but this year we decided to go bigger! It's a lot of work, but it will be worth it all when we are eating fresh veggies this summer and fall. I want to do a lot of canning this year to make up for last summer when I wasn't able to can cause I had Jane.
 We planted 184 (I know, totally insane!) potato plants and they ALL came up and are starting to bloom! I want to try canning some potatoes this year.
 Our lettuce is doing awesome, but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the amount that needs to be eaten right now. We are sharing with anyone who wants it! Love eating fresh salad everyday!
Peas are climbing and in the next few weeks we are going to have a lot of them! The kids love fresh peas from the garden. Every summer the kids go pick them for snacks and they never make it into the house. I look forward to eating some myself this year!

No comments: