It is only 7am and I feel surprisingly rested. It could be due to the fact that I am getting 8 hours of sleep almost every night now. It is so wonderful to be able to sleep! Yesterday I took Emma in for a hearing test and they found nothing wrong with her hearing, it's perfect! If you are wondering why I got her hearing tested it is because she seems to have extra sensitive hearing. She will scream out in terror when she hears different sounds (like say a heart beat). Her most common question besides "Why?" is "What's that sound?" So she's a little odd, we'll still keep her around! It is really quite fun sometimes, Noah loves to play the lullaby CD just to make Emma run from the room screaming when the heart beat sound comes on. Poor girl will never be able to be a doctor or nurse when she grows up!
After the hearing test we went to a friends house to let the kids play. It was one of my friends birthdays so we went out to lunch. The waitress kind of looked at us funny when the three of us walked in with our 6 kids. She stuck us in some corner in the back with all the other families with kids. I am happy to say it was a good lunch and our children were all very well behaved, I think we were one of the quietest tables in that "kids corner". It was nice to get out and let the kids play. We don't eat out very often so it was a really treat for the kids.
This weekend is our stake camp out for our church. We are going up a day early as we did last year. Noah is soooo excited and can't seem to talk about anything else! I am excited because we are getting a new bigger tent. We are kind of out growing our little 5 man tent. It is kind of crazy that it would be no problem putting 5 grown people in our tent but try fitting 2 kids, 2 adults and a baby in it and there is no way it is going to work! Kind of like putting 3 full grown adults in the back of our car is no problem, but three small children is next to impossible to fit.
School starts next week. I just got my history curriculum in the mail this week. Noah was soo excited when I opened the box and he saw all those books! He wanted to read them all that night. When I woke up in the morning I saw that he had tried, all 18 books were all over his bed! I am glad he is so excited about school. I am too! I think I know how I am going to teach all his subjects. I am really excited about his history, I love teaching with living books and not the normal boring text books. It should be a fun year! Emma is excited about starting pre-school. There are 5 of us moms in my ward with 3 year olds and we are starting a pre-school. I think it will be a really good thing for her. She is so shy, but I think this will help her overcome that a little.
Well that is all I have time for right now. Gotta go get the day started with the kids.
1 comment:
I wish Abi was old enough to start preschool! I would really like to do that- but she'll have fun learning the numbers and stuff with me at home for now I suppose. Abi is looking at your blog right now- and she is yelling "Danul Danul!" She loves him....
Post a Comment