Friday, September 5, 2008

Homeschool

This week Noah started 1st grade. He has been so excited to start school and I have to admit I was a little excited too. He has given me no trouble at all about sitting down and doing the work. I love teaching kids at this age when they are so curious and soak everything up so fast! He loves history and math. He is reading so well. Most kids sleep with stuffed animals or a favorite blanket, but Noah sleeps with books, I go into wake him up in the morning and he has at least 10 books all over his bed. He loves to stay up as late as we will let him and read his books. I can't get to upset because I remember staying up all night reading when I was younger. A few moms from my ward at church have gotten together and we are starting a preschool for our 3 year olds. We just rotate who teaches every week. So Emma starts preschool on Tuesday. I think it will be really good for her. She is so shy and quiet around other kids. Well I wouldn't call it shy just quiet. I am really excited about it. I think it will be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Amanda Collins said...

I hope he keeps the enthusiasm for school! That's so important to bring him through the many more years that he has left.

claydancer said...

It's so great to see all the photos. I almost feel like you never moved. But I miss my Noah hugs.
Kelly