Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday

So today has been very crazy, only a Monday would be like this! I spent the whole day at Children's Hospital in Seattle going through all Daniel's pre-op appointments. I had all three kids with me, but the hospital staff seem to enjoy having the whole family involved, so they were really great. I felt like a lot of the appointments with the surgeons were a repeat of everything we did back in May, but it was nice to have it all laid out for me again. One of the surgeons even printed out the CT scan of his head for me to put in Daniel's baby book. I am sure he will love that when he is older! I don't know many kids that have pictures of their skulls in their baby books. They had to draw blood for the transfusion stuff, which Daniel didn't like very much, but he survived. The big day is Friday. I am trying really hard to not think about it to much. It is really scary, but I know it will all be okay and he will come through it just fine. He has a lot of people praying for him. The kids were excited about the whole thing because they knew Manna and Papa Ted were coming to spend time with us. My mom (Manna) called when I got home and told me Ted had a heart attack and passed away this afternoon. I wish I could be there for her right now, it is hard being so far away at times like this! Ted was a great person and so good to my mother! He will be missed so very much!! My brother and sister-in-law are driving up there to be with her so that is good. I know she has a lot of friends with her to help and support her. Well it is late and all the kids are asleep so I should be too! Till next time...

2 comments:

Amanda Collins said...

Lashaunna I am so sorry about your step father. He was a sweet man. I am glad they had the opportunity to be sealed though. Things will go well with the surgery. Please let me know if I can help with anything. I am here for you.

Keri Parr said...

I am sorry to hear about you step father. I hope all goes well. Please let me know if I can do anything.