Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Any Ideas??
Yesterday Noah started swimming lessons. He was pretty excited (and a little nervous). We got there and he got in the water and started his lesson. He was doing really well but then his teacher called me over after about ten minutes and asked if he was sick, I told him "no, why?" He said he was shivering so bad and was having a hard time relaxing. This was an indoor pool and the water was a little cool when you first get in, but not so cold that it leaves you shivering really really bad! He said that it could be that Noah just has no body fat and so got cold faster then normal. I don't know what to do to fatten him up without feeding him junk all the time. I have tried putting extra butter on his bread and stuff like that. He eats normally, likes his fruits and veggies, I don't think there is anything he doesn't eat. So I guess I am asking if any of you have any ideas. He is really skinny and yet eats all the time! I would love to hear any ideas from you! Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
maybe you should just get something like a wet suit, or a full body swim suit instead.
I was going to type the same thing as the above comment.
As for gaining weight, he probably won't for a while. But I'd give him lots of extra carbs if you're looking for a food solution. Even then, he may not gain any. Capri eats like a horse and is a stick. I was the same way till I hit puberty and then my body changed.
He might have also gotten cold because he was a little nervous and just got the shivers. Like I said, I was TINY growing up - I even had the lowest body fat in my entire 6th grade class, but I never got too cold in the pool. Even outdoor ones where the water was not heated. Capri also doesn't get cold in the water too easily, whereas Rome does and always has.
luvs, aby
I can't imagine that his skinniness is the problem, because McKayla does swim lessons and has no fat on her body either. Carbs would be the only thing I could think of to fatten him up, but good luck, cause it won't work, he is just a thin kid. try getting him one of those swim shirts and see if that helps.
Abi has body fat- remember her getting blue lips when I took her? I think its their water temp in the kids pool that needs to be adjusted!
Post a Comment