So Last night we had our family home evening and I decided to use one of the new family home evening kits I recently purchased. I spent a lot of time coloring and cutting out the little characters that went a long with the story and game. I was really excited about this lesson and game! The lesson was all about manners. There was a very cute little story about a little fish and how he made up these "Ten Commandments of Having Good Manners". The kids listened to the story...it was nothing new to them (believe it or not). After the lesson and game we made popcorn for the treat. I think they broke all "ten commandments of having good manners" while they were eating the popcorn! Some of which were:
"Thou shalt not chew with your mouth open"
"Thou shalt say 'please', 'thank you' and 'excuse me'"
"thou shalt not burp, belch or release gas audibly in the company of others"
"thou shalt clean up thy messes" you get the picture.
Kendall and I were talking about it after they went to bed and he reassured me that it's in their little heads and someday they will remember and apply the rules....I sure hope so!
1 comment:
Very funny!
Post a Comment