Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Zoo

We had the opportunity to go to the zoo recently. My friend Amanda is learning American Sign language so she can communicate with her niece better. Her class was going to the zoo and would be learning all the different signs for the animals. She invited us to come along. The kids were very excited to go and I was excited to learn some new signs. I have been trying to teach the kids a little bit of sign language as part of home school. Noah picked it up so fast and remembered all the signs better then I did. It was a long hot day, but we had fun and learned a lot!
Noah LOVED the snakes! I think it was his favorite part of the zoo. It was a very warm day so most of the animals were hiding in the shade where we couldn't see them.

The kids and I sitting on a big alligator statue (only you can't see the alligator in the picture).

Noah and Emma outside the monkey cage.



No comments: