Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tulip Fields

Saturday we took our annual drive up to the tulip fields. The day was absolutely beautiful! It was heavenly!



A rare picture of me with Jacob. I am usually behind the camera.


This was kinda neat, a field of red tulips with one yellow tulip in the middle of this huge field.


The kids in the red field.

Kendall with the kids.


Kendall and Jacob


Daniel smelling the tulips.


This section of the field was not blooming quite yet. Noah smelled this flower and pronounced that is smelled like a cucumber!




Hmm, rocks don't smell quite as nice as the flowers! It had rained a lot until just two days before we came to the fields so the top layer of dirt was dry but the ground was very soft. The kids thought it was like walking on a trampoline and spent more time jumping on the path then looking at the flowers.


Jacob wasn't so sure about these flowers!


I felt like I spent way to much time telling the kids to "stay out of the mud", "stay on the path", "watch where you're going, you're going to run into someone!", "Stay out of the water!", "Put the rocks down, don't throw them!". I think I need to lighten up a little. But sure enough Daniel followed his brother and sister over to a spot where there was lots of mud and water and he fell into the mud. Oh well! It's always fun to try to get mud out of clothes, you'd think I'd be an expert at it by now!


Another cool flower. It had this stripe of red on it, like someone had taken a paint brush to it.


Me with the kids.


Someone was nice enough to take a picture of the whole family.




Emma looking at the yellow tulips.


Daniel and Noah.


The kids finally found some flowers that they could pick!


And Jacob could get on the ground and feel the grass.


Poor kids are not use to having the sun shining the their eyes and picture taking wasn't so fun today! It was a very fun day and we so enjoyed the warmth on our faces and sunshine in our eyes! The next day, and everyday since has been cool, gray and wet. :(

No comments: