Here is Emma still fighting us on eating the stew.Sunday, March 1, 2009
Emma's Eating habits
Emma has been driving us crazy with her eating habits lately! There were two days in a row that she ate nothing last week! Kendall made an amazing stew last Sunday and she just turned her nose up at it and said she wanted to go to bed and not eat, so she went to bed at 5:45 that night. We have a rule that if you don't want to eat dinner then you don't have to, but you have to go to bed, and eat what was for dinner for breakfast the next morning. Also on that Sunday, she didn't want what we were having for lunch, so she had had breakfast in the morning but that was it for the day. Well the next morning, I heated up the stew and she didn't eat it, so I put it in the fridge for her to eat at lunch, again, didn't eat it for lunch so it went back in the fridge. I was getting worried as she hadn't eaten in almost 2 days! I was trying to think of something to make her eat that night at dinner. So I said we were going to have pizza for dinner and she was so excited, but I told her that she couldn't have it, till her stew was all gone. Well she did eat her stew that night, and liked it! This happens all the time these days! All she wants to eat are pot stickers, I know random, but that's all she wants!
Here is Emma still fighting us on eating the stew.
Here is Emma still fighting us on eating the stew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Pot-stickers are very popular at our house too (with everyone else, not me). Thanks again for all your help yesterday, it was fun. We need to do girls night again - do you think we can squeeze it in the next three weeks (ha ha).
I've heard other people using this same system to try and get kids to eat, having them eat the food they wouldn't eat the next day. I always wonder how they manage to do it, it seems my kids can't go ONE hour without eating! Luckily they always eat their dinner (save maybe 2 or 3 times for Rome), we tell them that if they don't eat dinner then they can't have dessert. And they REALLY love dessert!
luvs, aby
Maybe it's an age thing? Shea's going through the same thing right now. He'll eat breakfast, and occasionally a sandwich for lunch, but he won't eat dinner. It's not as if he's filling up on snacks. I'm not too worried, because I vaguely remember the other kids going through this stage.
And I thought I was a mean mom:) Luckily my girls eat pretty well, now that is.
Okay, we have tried several other methods to get our kids to eat, trying to make them eat it that night was not working (they would just whine and whine till we sent them to bed). We have tried bribing them with treats, worked for Noah, but not for Emma- she would rather not eat then have the treat. So this works for Emma, well it's the best method so far...
Those are cute pictures! I love your method of making them eat it for breakfest!
Post a Comment