Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Whidbey Island

A couple weeks ago I decided it was time to explore Whidbey Island. I've wanted to do this for a few years now and we just never seem to make the time. Kendall isn't a huge fan of road trips. So we picked him up from work that Saturday and drove to the ferry. We've never taken the ferry before so we were pretty excited.
Jacob was sound asleep in the car so I decided to just stay in the car with him and let him sleep while Kendall took the kids up on deck. We didn't choose the best day to go as it was very windy, rainy and cold. I love how Emma's hair blows around her face in this picture!

We stopped by Fort Casey on the west side of the island. It's a pretty cool old fort and the kids had a great time. It was really cold, wet and rainy so I ended up taking Jacob back to the car and hanging out there. Kendall and Noah had been there before with the scouts on a camp out. I am definitely going back when it's warm and sunny! Daniel seemed to gravitate to every single puddle and we soaking wet when they came back to the car. The kids had a blast!

Little Jacob woke up from his nap and was all smiles! It was a fun afternoon and the kids were very worn out and slept great that night!


1 comment:

Valerie H. said...

what a cute cute family. Emma's hair looks long at that picture. I do believe Daniel has grown some.