Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm Back

So it's been a while since I've last posted. It's been a very busy summer and I have lots of stuff to post so just be patient as I sort through all my pictures and find the time to post. School has started up again, so life has gotten a lot more busy! It didn't help that during the 1st week of school the peaches and pears I got all ripened at once(75 pounds of each, I know, I'm totally insane)! So it was a very busy stressful couple of days. But I now have 26 quarts of peaches sitting on the shelves and more frozen in the freezer. Plus 34 quarts of pears! And the peach jam I made is amazing! I kinda wish I had made more, but with all the other jam I made this summer I just didn't see the need to make more jam. We also picked over 30 pounds of blueberries this month and froze most of them. I did make blueberry jam for the first time and it turned out pretty good. So with a 3 week vacation to Utah, processing all the different fruit I got this summer and other little fun family things it's been busy! Oh ya, I have started to learn how to play the guitar! I have always wanted to learn but have put it off for years. I found a good guitar and have been taking lessons for about 5 weeks now. It's so fun and I find it's my way of relaxing at the end of the day. So stay tuned for more posts soon!

1 comment:

Aby Runyan said...

Amazing! I need to come visit so you can impart your home school wisdom on me and then teach me how to can!

luvs, aby