Thursday, November 13, 2008
Mary and Joseph Dinner
So I had someone ask what a Mary and Joseph dinner is. Kendall's family has been doing this every Christmas Eve for I don't know how long. What we do is we pretend that we are with Mary and Joseph on the night before Christ was born, we eat the same kind of stuff (well kind of). I roast some lamb, or beef whichever is cheapest. I season it with rosemary and thyme and that kind of stuff. We eat figs and dates and olives and goat cheese. And I get a round loaf of bread to sop in olive oil. We spread a cloth on the floor and eat on that. No utensils, just a plate. The kids love it because they love eating with their hands. It does get kind of messy, but that's half the fun!. We usually eat by candle light, another bonus that the kids love. It's a nice reminder of why we celebrate Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do your kids eat figs, dates, olives AND goat cheese? Color me impressed!
I think we will definately have to try something like that, maybe with slightly different foods. Do you think they had cheddar cheese in the days or yore? How about string cheese??
luvs, aby
Post a Comment