I am still not quite use to the idea that I have a child who can read. We were eating lunch today and Daniel wanted something to munch on while we were eating so I gave him a grahm cracker. Noah got all upset and told me Daniel couldn't have them because they have honey in them. I quickly brushed him off and said "no they don't". He said "but the box says "Honey" in big letters." Oops! I told him one little cracker won't hurt him, I don't think he was convinced.
It's kind of strange how you go about your days and weeks and months and then realise your kids are growing up! I am experiencing that with Emma lately. It seems like over night she has gone from toddler to little girl. I am enjoying her a lot lately. She has been stealing all Daniel's clothes and dressing her dolls in them. I have been wondering where all his clothes have gone and found them under her bed where she has been hiding them. She is such a little mommy! I think we will get her some doll clothes for Christmas!
Daniel is improving and he doesn't make me cringe every time he coughs. He is such a joy in our lives! He is taking a greater interest in Daddy lately, which is really nice. When Kendall gets home he starts waving his little arms and smiles at him. It's really cute to watch him. He even said "Dadda" when Kendall was here to hear it. He has been saying Dadda for a couple of weeks now, but never in Kendall's presence.
I am enjoying some freedom with the new car! We went for a drive into the mountains the other day, something we have not done in a very very long time. The kids really liked it and so did I. I think I found some nice places to go camping next summer.
Life is good and we are so blessed!
1 comment:
Lashaunna, I hope you don't mind me reading your blog! I found it while reading others from our ward. I miss Noah in my class! He is such a great kid. That is great he is reading now! It's amazing how they can surprise you sometimes isn't it? I am happy for you that Daniel is starting to feel better. That's funny about Emma hiding his clothes under her bed for her dolls!
Post a Comment