We just took Daniel in for his check up with the plastic surgeon yesterday. He said Daniel looks great and we don't have to come back and see him for a year. I can't wait for his hair to grow in and cover the scare up completely.
We are going on day 37 without a working family car. We have a very generous friend who lent us her second car while her husband was away for work for a couple of weeks. So I have not been completely stranded at home. We are still waiting to find out if Kendall's union will be striking or not before we make any decisions about buying a car. I so want a Mazda 5!
Emma is so cute. She loves having her hair done all fancy these days. My sister gave her a bunch of hair bows and flowers that she has to wear every day. She is such a Daddy's girl lately! She loves her dolls and loves to dress them up. The only problem... she is stealing Daniel's clothes to dress her dolls! I think she will be getting doll clothes for Christmas!
Noah is so excited about Christmas, he sees all the Christmas stuff out in the stores and knows it's coming soon. He is such a good kid! He has been filling Emma in on all that happens at Christmas time since she doesn't remember past Christmases very well. Right now it's all about the "Mary and Joseph Dinner" we have on Christmas eve every year. Every day he tells Emma about it in detail and says how yummy the food is, and how we eat with our hands and turn off all the lights and use candles and on and on. I wish you could see him while he talks about it, it's soo cute! He has also been saying "this reminds me of California", referring to various things such as a food or the weather or some other random thing. I hope he will remember our time there. I miss the people we knew and the warm sunny weather. The weather has turned to the rainy season (not that there is a real non-rainy season up here). So that's kind of what has been going on in our lives. Noah is doing really well in school. I love that he is reading! He always wants to do math first as that is his new favorite subject. I swear he is going to be an engineer just like his father! His mind works the same way Kendall's does!
2 comments:
Aww. I love reading your updates. And love hearing about you guys. I miss everyone still. But I don't really hear from anyone. Things are going pretty well here but it's getting cold. Brr.
That's great about Daniel!
Write some more about your Mary & Joseph dinner, like what you eat and such - I'm totally intrigued. We may have to steal that idea from you.
luvs, aby
Post a Comment