Monday, October 20, 2008

Forts


I have mixed feelings about forts. They keep the kids occupied for hours on end which is great. Usually it is Noah who wants to make one. He starts out with "Mom, can we make a fort? We will both play in it really nice and not fight". Translation; "Mom I am going to make a fort and Emma can help make it and play in it till she breaks it and then there is going to be a big fight!" Usually Emma "breaks" it pretty quick because it is made with every blanket and sheet we own and she's 3 and clumsy! So it is a rare thing for them to make a fort cause I don't like the screaming and yelling which comes with it every single time!! They also like to use all our dining room chairs and they get really upset when it's time to eat and they have to take down the fort. Well today they made a fort in my living room while I was working on dinner and cookies for family home evening. I didn't know they were doing this cause they got smart. See, it is a true give away that they are making a fort when my chairs start to go missing from the kitchen, (They didn't want me to know what they were up to this time.) Noah came in and says "Aha! Now our fort can stay up all the time and we can still eat dinner!" As you can see he used all the living room furniture to make his fort. I give up!!!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Hey, I tagged you. Hope you're having a great day.

~April~ said...

Sounds like they had a ball! Forts are fun and on a completely random note... is that a Radian carseat? I LOVE them! Awesome choice... hee hee.

Aby Runyan said...

LaShaunna
Oh my goodness I am EXCITED BEYOND BELIEF!!! Corrie just left a comment on my blog saying that she'd found your blog -
WOO HOO!
I get so excited to see what an old friend is up to, and you are an old friend that I had absolutely NO idea where you were or what you were up to. Hallelujah for blogs!
luvs, aby

Aby Runyan said...

Hey, are the "Texas Greens" Ryan and Mandy? If it is will you e-mail them and see if they'll invite me and Corrie to view their blog, since it's private?
My e-mail address is: abyrunyan@yahoo.com
and Corrie's is:
corrielynne17@hotmail.com
luvs, aby

charly said...

LaShaunna! I love seeing all the cute things you all do. Your kids are adorable, I wish I could give them all big hugs.
-Charlotte