Tuesday, December 2, 2008
The 20 Minute Nap
My son has changed his napping habits this past couple of weeks. One 20 minute nap in the morning and another 20 minute nap in the afternoon. It's driving me crazy! I spend ten minutes nursing him then lay him down only to have him wake up ten minutes later. I've tried just letting him cry it out but that's NOT working! He has learned to pull himself up in the crib and just stands there screaming. So you can imagine just how much I am getting done at home. The only time he will sleep longer is if I sit and hold him while he naps. Who has time for that? He is getting a new tooth, so maybe this will pass soon. The up side of short naps is he does sleep all night. So I guess it's not so bad. I just get frustrated when I see so much that needs to be done and it gets really stressful to have a baby following you around crying for attention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have a swing, you are welcome to it if you think he might sleep in it.
Sable takes a big nap every day and still sleeps about 12 hours a night. I'm not bragging - just saying that Daniel should definately be taking longer naps at his age, because you know just as well as I do after having 3 kiddos, they get TIRED! It's probably exactly what you're thinking - he's teething or something else is bothering him and making him restless and wanting you during the day.
I'm REALLY big on not establishing new habits, like letting kids sleep in my bed or holding them for naps. Letting them cry it out can be really tough, and I never let them cry for more than maybe 5 minutes before I go in and without a word lay them back down, give a paci, put the blanket back on and then leave. I figure that one or so week of that is FAR better than months of a fussy baby that can't settle in their bed.
Good luck!
luvs, aby
two words
Ring Sling
I make them =)
it was the only way to keep Rylie happy and my house clean
Welcome to my life from the time McKayla was 6 months to 20 months (which was when she stopped napping) Look on the bright side, he is sleeping all night, that is the only thing that got me through McKayla's first 2 years.
Post a Comment